2006 has arrived! it is off to a pretty good start i must say...
but first, I want to go through what has happened to me the past year..
January:
with all the hype of going over to Melbourne for my studies, it was a great start to 2005. Still working then, I grew used to going around pretty much on my own. Not much of a highlight i must say...
February:
Off i went, to the land down under. apprehensive i was, i remembered sobbing during my first night there, the feeling of being so alienated from what I was so used to. I teared at the sound of my dad and my sis and I realised then how much I loved them all. But as all youngsters are, the sadness is gone with the acquaintance of new friends all over the world, with the orientation, and school kicking in, I pretty much left my mum who was there to accompany me on her own while I was busy living my life there. It was a decision I lived to regret because each time I read my mum's diary about her time in Melbourne with me, I burst out in tears. The immense guilt I feel each time I read it has not gone away. The day she left to go back to Singapore I saw tears brimming in her eyes, when she knew she had to let go to leave me to fend for myself. I did not cry at all, I just felt a bit lost. But with the support of the friends whom I have made at International House, I found myself happy and strong, and not thinking about home alot. Thanks to Yingyi for making my life in IH so memorable.
March:
Nothing special I think. Just a few tests and getting used to the system. Went to Warnambool to visit the rural hospital under the faculty's rural health society.. it was a GREAT experience. I still remembered the 5 of us girls in the backpackers' "dorm", and the movie we watched there, and the fright that we got after we saw crickets in the room. And the long bus ride, the tranquility, the sunset, the empty streets. and buying expired soft drinks haha. and us taking random photos of each other sleeping in the bus, and teasing Weiyong who was so moody throughout the trip.
April:
IH BALL! had my first ball over in Melbourne, saw my seniors party and the way things are being held over there. :) experienced my first autumn in Melbourne too.
May:
Preparation for exams, camping in the library, etc. Yet not forgetting the time me and Yingyi went down to Brunetti's (a cake shop) to take photos with nice cakes and print out a series of photos and making a card for our mothers. hahaha :) other than that, it was a grueling time..
June:
exams galore! made friends with Eddie by studying in the dining hall each night as it got too lonely in my room. and of course, all the fun we all had. :) Exams hence came and went and I soon got back to Singapore. The feeling of elation.. :) of seeing my family again. :) actually brought tears to my eyes. haha.
JUly:
after bumming around in Singapore for about 4 weeks, I went back to Melbourne with Songyu.. was a great time spent with her.. on the plane. haha :) enjoyed the first week of uni with few people roaming around. :) then my birthday came and went, with a blasted surprise from my beloved friends from IH, with 2 cakes (oh man) yup.. and had dinner with the med kids.. had fun!!! :)
August:
IH stuff... with national night and everything... had fun organising the choir, teaching all those who signed up and heh, loved it. Realised that doing something for IH made my life more meaningful and I decided to run for a position in the student's club. oh. and i baked my first cake for yingyi! :) muahaha.
September:
with all the tension building up in IH, from the students' club elections to applying for rooms etc.. it was a good month nonetheless. I got what I wanted, and yay! my term as activities secretary started.. :) and of cos, another good thing happened, what exactly, i will not say. hha oh yes! the trip to sydney! first time going on a self-planned holiday, HAD SO MUCH FUN IN SYDNEY! but money runs out so we had to come back to reality.
October:
exams. yet again. this time with a lot more things to study and remember.
November:
back in sg! had a hell of a time packing my stuff. came back... packed more stuff and moved house. :) and packed more stuff at my new place. a month of packing. *faints*
December:
festive season! had fun carolling and singing and catching up with friends. issues came up, and seem like they will be staying for a while. went up to KL, lost my phone, etc. made new friends, had fun laughing over the mangosteen outfit, being witness to the craze of a few kids towards their beloved emcee, and also being awestruck by a small girl from a primary school in the east, and another girl from OLGC. Many many trials, a weird month i must say. Cos I still don't understand why things happened. But now that it is gone, I'm much more relieved. and my resolve strengthened. looking forward to a great new year, where i can start anew, grow stronger in character, and build up knowledge that i so lack. I yearn for acceptance, to see everyone happy, and for answers to the questions I have.
Had a great time being with my family these 3 days, over the new year. the fireworks at esplanade was well worth the wait. and it was then that I was reminded of the importance of music. My dad commented how noisy it was with the performances at the powerhouse while we were sitting there doing nothing for close to 2 hours. but no one complained it was too noisy when the music started and the display of fireworks were matched to the music. amazing display. amazing music. amazing night. :)
had an opportunity to step into the High Dependency ward of KK Hospital. was there doing volunteering work, distributing new year's gifts to the patients. and it was hard to be all smiles when people there are full of worry. The number of infants at the HD ward stumped me. how do we show empathy at that time? I remembered stepping into a room with all relatives of the little patient standing around and the grand-dad took the gift from me with a grave face. but a trip to the women's tower saw many newborns. I saw a 1-hour old newborn. fresh into earth. what with one side of hospital with people rejoicing at life, and another griefing? i didnt know how to react.
watched Wallace & Gromit with my family today :) ahha.. DAMN FUNNY! i love the humour. but with a headache which has been hurting the WHOLE DAY, i think it's time i got to bed.
hope it'll be a better year.
Post-Nepal
13 years ago
1 comment:
Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. » » »
Post a Comment