Wednesday, October 18, 2006

puberty.

"Quest for independence during adolescence is associated with various changes in brain processing and emotional liability. all influenced by sex hormones."
on this amusing week learning about reproduction (in a way). came across that line during my revision. thought it's interesting to draw some references to it.

how interesting it is, to attribute all our changes, our quest for self identity, egocentrism, narcissism, separation from family... and in our lecture notes 'fantasy, idealism and the preception of invincibility and omnipotence'.. all to hormonal changes. how easy it will be, to tell your parents when u want that independence from them that "this is due to my hormone changes!"

on another note, college tute this week was hilarious. as pat's contribution to our college's weekly newsletter has it:

(viewer's discretion required.)
weiyong to henry: "how does the vagina look like? can you draw it?"
henry in response: look up netters!

Pat to Henry: you mean to say that the urethra is bigger than the vagina? (points to diagram on board)
Henry: IT'S ONLY A SCHEMATIC DIAGRAM!

Jia (after her hair-band broke halfway in tute): my head's expanding....

Pat to Henry: how on earth do you get pregnant without perforating the hymen?!
heather, in response: sperm are like homing pigeons!

and on yet another note... here's a song that touched me while i was in the library this afternoon studying (and stealing highlighters) and laughing...

this is for the friend who heard this song ... maybe you don't need any more emo songs... but this might be one more when you need it...

What ravages of spirit
Conjured this temptuous rage
Created you a monster
Broken by the rules of love
And fate has led you through it
You do what you have to do
And fate has led you through it
You do what you have to do ...
And I have the sense to recognize that
I don’t know how to let you go
Every moment marked
With apparitions of your soul
I’m ever swiftly moving
Trying to escape this desire
The yearning to be near you
I do what I have to do
The yearning to be near you
I do what I have to do
But I have the sense to recognize
That I don’t know how
To let you go
I don’t know how
To let you go
A glowing ember
Burning hot
Burning slow
Deep within I’m shaken by the violence
Of existing for only you
I know I can’t be with you
I do what I have to do
I know I can’t be with you
I do what I have to do
And I have sense to recognize but
I don’t know how to let you go
I don’t know how to let you go
I don’t know how to let you go
--- "do what you have to" by Sarah McLachlan

No comments: