Saturday, April 14, 2007

decisions

i remember the times i had to make a decision at 12 years of age, of which school to choose. And i remembered it being a tough one... choosing between a better school and a not so renowned school.

and though it's not exactly the same this time, it can be applied similarly.

where will i perform the best?

yes, we will all end up with a degree from unimelb, which is ultimately what matters the most. the curriculum isn't very much different now that it's standardised. but where will i be the most comfortable to perform my very best?

I will always be stuck at this kind of crossroads. my subconscious knows the decision. it's just, gathering the courage to put it down as such.

and as i analysed the places where i performed my best, and 'blossomed' ... it's not the 'big pond' but rather, i was the big fish in the small pond... in the small pond where things were very well balanced.

does it matter whether u had tutorials under the best cardiologist ever if u do not become a well-rounded doctor? does it matter whether u know all the steps of treating a patient if u do not learn how to establish that rapport?

For everyone has their strengths and weaknesses. and the trick of the game is to know what u're good at and hone it, and get rid of the weaknesses.

i want another tkgs environment.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hmm... I was thankful for the time I had in tk 'cuz it helped me grow in various ways, but I wasn't totally comfortable in there for other various reasons too...

but just the other day I was reminiscing and thought back to those crazy cheering times... and yeah, guess I do miss a certain bit of that green, green school. :)