Friday, April 08, 2005

update updates!

Ok.. it’s been one week since I’ve blogged. Sorry guys. I really want to update all the time, but with the school work and with the inaccessibility of internet (cos my account still cannot be used) … I really did not have much chance to do what I want to do.

School has reopened for a week, and I’m feeling that the start of the week was good? Cos we had such a good break, of resting and tidying up everything… and I started the week feeling great… being energetic again for school, waking up refreshed in the morning… but that sensation only lasted for 2 days. After that, the start of 8am lectures, my energy level just decrease as per normal. After the 8am lecture on Wednesday, I came back to sleep for 2 hours! Ah! But it was good, then after that I could study a bit better… but slept later? And had another 8am lecture on Thursday.

We had another test on the first day of school though, for Health practice. They asked us to list what are the ways of relieving stress and maintaining balance in a medical student’s life. They also asked us to choose one of the 6 elements of professionalism in medicine and write about it, stating why it’s important to medical students as well as doctors.

We had only 10 mins in total for 2 short answer questions. Can’t believe it man. But I went back for 2 hours and had a nap before the test. ☺ so it was REALLY good cos I had so much rest? Haha.. but no one could finish writing properly.

I missed a high table dinner on Tuesday cos me, Jielin, Tim and Harold went to Tim’s place and we had my own cooked fried mee! Bought roast chicken from Safeway, some mushrooms, and some veg, and I fried mee for us! Ahha.. there were no shallots. ☹ so we made do with chopped garlic, and we had veg, mushroom, egg.. with yellow noodle.. and loads of dark and light soy sauce. ☺ I was feeling really proud of myself! ☺ ohoh.. and we bought chilli. ☺ haha.. chopped chilli? Didn’t buy sambal though. ☺ should have. Haahha.. I WANT TO PERFECT THE FRIED NOODLE… so MUMMY.. please teach me haha ☺ so I can sell it off to people and make money. We had so much fun that we decided to do this kind of meal gathering every first Friday of the month! ☺ woohoo.. FOOD. Yum

Had the IH ball on Thursday, which was a HECTIC day. Took 1 ½ hours to travel all the way to Keilor, Northern Melbourne for my second field visit to this Gastroenterologist. It was a really small suburb. Took the train to watergarderns station then took a bus to the place. The doctor was really good, in the sense that he leaves the choice of treatment up to the patient, an ethical issue under giving the patient informed consent. But being a specialist is sort of boring? Cos 4 out of 6 patients he saw had oesophagal spasms, a condition in which most of them complained about pain in the sub-sternum area (around diaphragm area)… they all went for gastroscopy… and the other two patients had abnormal levels of LFT (some liver test thing) and both were advised to lose weight.. which might get rid of the fatty tissues in liver cells, and may return the LFT levels to normal. so yea.. the main point is that he’s doing the same thing over and over again, just with different patients. Hmm.

So after the field visit, I took another 1 ½ hours to get back to IH, to get ready for the ball. Reached back at 620pm, and the ball was suppose to start at 7pm ☺ haha. Well done me. Changed, make-up, and took a cab down to the ball room with Yingyi, Serene and Mervyn. Saw a lot of people getting drunk, and just being high, some even losing their image? Just made me wonder why on earth they do that man. Had loads of fun even without drinking and dancing haha.. gonna upload the photos.. soon. Got back to IH without going to the after party, which I heard the day after from my friends, heaps of scandals that happened during the after party, pretty lewd stories I must say. Sigh. How people were picking others up, how they were getting all physical and stuff? Haiks. I was asleep when all these happened lah. Missed it man.

Ahah..

So that was yesterday! Loads of people didn’t wake up for school/ didn’t come down for brekkie.. I went down at 9am for brekkie and saw this guy walked out of the TV room in his suit. And this senior was at the brekkie table forcing himself to eat, he had a really bad hangover… he was REALLY drunk the night before… heard of other people who had to be carried back… how many times they puked and stuff. Maybe puking is a really fun thing to do for them ?



had my first anatomy lecture… loving it.. it’s about bones. And I really do need to catch up on my studies man. AH! wanna go out and stuff… went down to the MUOSS (Melbourne University Overseas Students’ Society) Night Market.. they had loads of funny stuff… me and yIngyi bought banana fritters, or-jen (oyster omelette) … met up with song though☺ ahha.. got a shock after seeing An Hong la.. it’s so sweet of him to visit song in melb.. ☺ so walked them to lygon’s Freddo (a gelati place)… where me and Yingyi spent some more money on gelati.. and talked outside. Haha.. met up with a lot of other people there… it’s SO CROWDeD MAN. Went back to Uni for the Theatresports.. a competition where representatives of the colleges go up on stage and are given this situation, and are suppose to act it out and make them as funny as possible. I really admire the aussies for their sense of humour… they can just cook up almost anything on the spot! Impressed man. Really impressed. IH CAME IN FIRST! Whee! Kudos to parky, Harvard, gary, Tas, and Reid. ☺ the first prize is a night out at INU bar (in uni I think)… free for 400 people!

So after so much activity and eating and traveling … I’m REALLY tired.. as in really tired… so I’m going to go sleep. I’ve been yawning since 10am. interesting lectures keep me awake. ☺

Hope to get enough rest for another exciting week up ahead! Work is REALLY a big issue.. trying to catch up is really tiring sometimes. I’ve been reading the lecture notes before hand, just to get an idea of what the lecture will be like? And I’ve been doing that for a week.. it sorts of help a bit.. but I’m more worried about the info staying in my head so that I can answer essay questions. ;|

Oh well… I’m feeling good if anyone mis-interprete the tiredness level from my post. ☺ I’m tired, but feel good! Haa.. Take care all …

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed a lot! »