:)
dad: "remember to cook mee suan for jiahui"
mum: "yah lah..."
and so i woke up and had mee suan with 2 eggs for breakfast. as i'm not an "egg" person, i only ate one, and my mum ate the other one.. which has to be "poked open" by me first before she can eat it.. :) interesting tradition huh? :)
anyways.. met up with esh to play badminton, then thought of playing regularly in uni. at least it's a sport that i don't think i'll not like doing. unlike running. i figured out i will walk half of princes park, and then jog the other half. something to put on my agenda in melb this coming semester. i'm still thinking about swimming but since it'll be winter when i get back, i will see how... =x
just had my birthday cake haha.. it's really weird celebrating my chinese birthday.. :) i have NEVER ever done it before :) but whee. i guess since i won't be in sg for my birthday, my family thought of celebrating my chinese one for me! :) ahah. so sweet of them. and silly sister. just cos i told her i had an egg in the morning, she acted irritated. and refused to light up the candles on the cake and then she became really irritable after that. SILLY GIRL. have this funny photo....
yeaps.
let me put up the lyrics of a song that many primary school choirs know..."Flying Free"
"there is a place i call my own
where i can stand by the sea,
And look beyond the things I've known,
and dream that I might be free.
Like a bird above the trees
gliding gently on the breeze,
I wish that all my life I'd be
without a care, and flying free!
But life is not a distant sky
without a cloud, without rain,
And I can never hope that I
can travel on without pain.
Time goes swiftly on its way.
All too soon we've lost today.
I cannot wait for skies of blue
or dream so long that life is through.
So life's a song that i must sing
a gift of love I must share.
And when I see the joy it brings,
my spirits soar through the air.
Like that bird up in the sky,
life has taught me how to fly.
for now i know what I can be
and now my heart is flying free!"
simple song, simple meaning, great inspiration.
Post-Nepal
13 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment