Monday, August 28, 2006

what is this thing... called love?

I was a hum-drum person
Leading a life apart
When love flew in through my window wide
And quickened my hum-drum heart
Love flew in thorugh my window
I was so happy then
But after love had stayed a little while
Love flew out again

What is this thing called love?
This funny thing called love?
Just who can solve its mystery?
Why should it make a fool of me?
I saw you there one wonderful day
You took my heart and threw it away
Thats why I ask the lawd in heaven above
What is this thing called love?

You gave me days of sunshine
You gave me nights of cheer
You made my life an enchanted dream
til somebody else came near
Somebody else came near you
I felt the winters chill
And now I sit and wonder night and day
Why I love you still? -- Cole Porter
--------------------------------------------------

have been faced with funny situations... not between me and wy so it's fine... but wells. love. so what is it? does it exist? can i call love between 2 individuals love? it's such a cynical thing... so what does it mean for 2 people to be together u know? and why stay together? timo told me it's cos you want to, in the long term, to build a family with that person.. is that it? :) a means to an end?

on a MUCH happier note: i love week 7!!!! so thankful for this mini break thingy we have... no ICMs... no thurs/fri pracs... c'est lovely. friends are out drinking -_- (their alleged weekly routine) and i'm here happily at home after my second last AC meeting and time with Yingyi at home... and now it's the time of the year where people start thinking about what can be done for housing opportunities next year.. *headache* or i can always take the easiest way out and stay put in IH for another semester but I wanna save up so should I stay in the Avenue???

options, options...

and then there's september hols. woohoo. one week... if anything costs less than staying in IH i'll definitely try to save my cccching!

alrighty, learning about schizo this week!

and to my dearest friends.. bre, esh.. and the guys...
sigh. haven't been keeping in contact i know and i feel very drifted away from all of you. I'm trying guys... and I want to be here for you all when you need me... but I need to know that I'm needed i guess. let's not drift too far apart okay???

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

yeah..please dun drift apart....i would know what to do if not for nice and caring friends by my side...I have been so insecure lately about my friends....I get upset when I find myself drifting apart from friends...let us not let the busy schedule tear our bonds...

Joel said...

"a means to an end?"

A means to a new beginning...

Anonymous said...

ahhh..."I would NOT know what to do if not for nice and caring friends for my side." I was horrified that I omitted a NOT! Crucial word! very crucial. I have this thing of missing out words like "not" or "no" whenever I speak or write. Wahhh...need to break this habit!!! hey..Jiahui, take care yeah...half our sem is gone!!!! 7 more weeks n we r through!